Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Iconic Woman of Style: Lana


Lana began performing in clubs and bars around the city under various names, including her birth name, as well as Sparkle Rope Jump Queen and the Phenomena. She told Vogue UK in an interview "I was always singing, but didn't plan on pursuing it seriously," she told us. "When I got to New York City when I was 18, I started playing in clubs in Brooklyn - I have good friends and devoted fans on the underground scene, but we were playing for each other at that point - and that was it."

Her first hit, Video Games, was release online in June 2011 followed with an accompanying video on YouTube. It accumulated in excess of 20 million YouTube views in the first 5 months of its upload.

And for all you loyal Lana fans out there, she said in the accompanying Vogue interview that she may not release a second album, stating: "Oh, I don't think I'll write another record. What would I say? I feel like everything I wanted to say, I've already said."